Saturday, July 23, 2005

Starship Troopers - Arachnids

Here's what's I've painted up so far for the Arachnids: 9 Hoppers and 50 Warriors. 20 of those Warriors were painted by Steve Barrett. Those are certainly the better painted ones! He's very skilled and you can see it all of the figures he paints, plus he's retired - so he's got plenty of time to paint! Unlike me, who goes for the quickie paintjob to get it on the table to play with.

For the Warriors: base coated with the cheap flat black spray paint from Wal-Mart (ColorPlace is the brand), drybrushed Delta Ceramcoat Storm Grey all over the bug. Then, used DC's Bright Red on the claws, jaws, legs and top of the head. Also used DC's Bright Yellow for the stripes along the legs & jaws. I used the same yellow for unit markings on the bugs. I have yet to put a finish coat on these bugs, the humidity is too high in South Carolina now. I'll wait until the Fall.


For the Hoppers: base coated with the cheap flat black spray paint from Wal-Mart (less than a $1 a can), drybrushed Delta Ceramcoat Christmas Green (it's a nice dark green...I know, I hate the name too) all over the bug - wings too, then drybrushed DC's Leaf Green over that. Then, used DC's Bright Red on the claws & jaws. And for the wings, I drybrushed DC's Antique White. If I didn't want to get too close to the edge of the wing - I just left it and the green that I drybrushed on before keeps it looking halfway decent.

No comments: